Boston Public Schools Library and Media Services, a unit of the BPS Office of Instructional and Information Technology Department, provides centralized support for all of the libraries in the Boston Public Schools.
Amy Short, Director of Library and Media Services, Boston Public Schools
Please contact me by email at email@example.com or by phone at (617) 635-9434.
About Me: I received my Masters in Library Science Degree from the State University of New York at Albany. Since that time, I have worked as school or public librarian in New York and Massachusetts. In addition, I have a Master of Education Degree in Organizational Management from Endicott College and MA licensure as School Principal/Assistant Principal. I have been the Director of Library and Media Services at Boston Public Schools since August 2010. As Director, my main goals are to:
- Provide central leadership to schools and departments to ensure that library media centers play a central role in achieving academic targets.
- Lead the strategic planning process, in conjunction with OIIT and the BPS Academic Office.
- Work closely with Principals and Headmasters to build capacity around library media center development and management.
- Enhance access to digital, multimedia, and print resources to foster the infusion of 21st century learning skills into the learning environment.
- Provide professional development for school library staff to support their work as effective teachers and technology leaders at their schools.
- Act as a liaison between OIIT/BPS Library and Media Services and other BPS departments, local libraries, and public, non-profit and private organizations.